Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sterling at the Dentist

Sterling had a dentist appointment this morning. I wasn't sure how things were going to work out since he had been sick. And, he could not eat or drink after midnight. He had to have 3 cavities filled so he had to take medicine to make him drowsy.

I feel horrible about the 3 cavities, but he is Mr. Independent and does not like for me to brush his teeth or help him, and it's not like he eats candy all the time. We've tried electric toothbrushes, too, but the dentist said his teeth could just be more suseptible to cavities.

We had to be there at 8:00 a.m. this morning and wait 45 minutes for the medicine to kick in. He took the medicine and said it was "spicy". Then, I told Juan that he was acting drunk. Juan did not like me calling him drunk, but that's how he was acting. He would not stop talking. He even said, "I feel good!" I could not stop laughing. They finally took him back, and about an hour later he was done. They said he fell asleep, and he did great the whole time.

I'm not sure about other children's dentists, but I've always thought it was strange how our dentist takes the children back by themselves (even for cleanings or whatever procedure), and the parent waits in the waiting room. Then, when they are done or if the dentist wants to meet with you, they call you/the parent back. Maybe this is standard, but I sure felt funny the first time Avery went back by herself. I guess it helps them get things done and keeps the child from clinging to the parent.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...