Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer Fun - Swim Lessons

Avery and Sterling have been taking swim lessons throughout the summer. 

Sterling is still very fearful of the water.  I'm not sure why--maybe we left him in floaties or the swim vest too long.  But, he sometimes panics in the water.  He is improving, but his progress has been slow.  These are not the greatest photos--taken with my phone and through the glass.




Avery has made great progress this summer; however, I think she would have done a little better had she had the same coach at every lesson.  But, I am confident now she can swim on her own, and I don't have to watch her every minute.  The only thing she needs to work on is her backstroke--she tires out a bit and has a hard time coordinating her arms and legs.  I need to get some pictures of her to post here. 

The summer is winding down, but Sterling and Avery both say they would like to continue swimming when school starts.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...