Wednesday, July 22, 2009

VBS

Avery and Sterling had a great week (last week) at Vacation Bible School. Sterling really seemed to enjoy it, and it was a good start to getting him ready for preschool in the fall.

They played lots of games, made several neat crafts, and learned some wonderful bible lessons and songs. I had several people tell me that Sterling was a great dancer! He loves to dance, and he was dancing in most of the pictures I saw of him.


On one of the days when I came to pick them up, I was told that Sterling had a problem with hitting and they had to put him in time out. Not my Sterling! I was a little embarrassed, but we had a conversation about keeping our hands to ourselves.


After VBS was over, I was asking Avery and Sterling what they learned. Avery was telling me that "God is powerful" and the story of the burning bush. I asked Sterling what he learned. He said, "Not to hit!"

Then on Sunday during church, all the kids who went to VBS got to perform some of the songs they learned while we watched a slideshow of pictures. Sterling was really dancing and Avery was really singing!


1 comment:

Tanya said...

Looks so fun. We are loving our vbs, but it is really BIG. We might join y'all next summer at yours for something with smaller groups.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...