Friday, July 17, 2009

My Children’s Birthday Parties

I always love looking around for great party ideas. Kelly is having us share party ideas this week. This also let me take a little trip down memory lane and look back at my children’s parties. Although our “Great Computer Crash” in 2005 left me without some of my favorites. :-(

Here are some of my favorite things from these parties. And, some have direct links to older posts on the actual party.

AVERY

  • 1st Birthday – Girly Bear
  • 2nd Birthday – Elmo
  • 3rd Birthday – Hello Kitty
  • 4th Birthday – The Little Gym Party

I made this cake using the Texas Sheet Cake recipe. I bought little figures. I believe it was a Fisher Price set and put them on top. I also cut out premade fondant.

IMG_0503IMG_0501

  • 5th Birthday – Pump it Up Party

We also rented these for Avery that year. She was so surprised.

IMG_1425 IMG_1440

6th Birthday – Ladybug Party

I made these invitations. The wings open to reveal the party info.ladybuginvite

Favor Bag – Decorated a Red Bag with Labels (colored black), and a pipe cleaner

IMG_2624 IMG_2613

Food – I made Ladybug cupcakes and Ladybugs out of Rice Krispies.

IMG_2619

I carved a ladybug out of a watermelon and filled it with fruit. I used blueberries for the spots. I found the idea here.

IMG_2621IMG_2623

Each girl got to paint a Ladybug Bank. I found these at Oriental Trading. I always find party stuff there.

IMG_2620 IMG_2626

7th Birthday – Dress up Party for girls

I made this Favor Book. I printed off games, quizzes, and other girly fun.

Check out my original post for more information.

STERLING

  • 1st Birthday – Sadly we didn’t have a 1st birthday party for Sterling. He had been sick, and poor thing, his birthday is so close to Christmas.
  • 2nd Birthday – Farm Party

My mom made the cake (Texas Sheet Cake recipe). It really is the BEST chocolate cake!

IMG_1917

I created this backdrop for taking pictures.

IMG_1921 IMG_1923

Big cupcake using the Wilton Cupcake pan.

IMG_1914

Coloring table – printed some sheets off the internet for coloring fun.

DSC00075

Love this cupcake stand. Can’t you tell? I use it at every party! I found these Wow Wow cupcake rings on ebay.

DSC00058

Decorated using toys we already had.

DSC00062

Can’t wait to start looking at your parties!

7 comments:

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

What fun parties! Love the yard decorations too! :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOUR IDEAS! You are so talented. Those ladybug invites are precious!

Tanya said...

I've gotta try that sheet cake! Great parties, spoken from experience! Have a good weekend--good to see you at Target.

Mommy said...

Oh I LOVED your ladybug party ideas! I wish I had them last year when I had a ladybug party for one of my girls! How fun! You did awesome :)

Melissa @ Southern Mommas said...

love the ladybugs! Wish I had seen your ideas before I had our bug party. You really go all out - how fun !!!

Anonymous said...

hi all! you necessity to perceive that site
[url=http://wiant.info]crackspider serial number[/url]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...