Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Mini Vacation

We took a “mini” vacation all the way to Kemah & Houston. We left Saturday morning and headed to Kemah. Sterling and Avery had fun riding some rides and playing in the water spouts. We also enjoyed a nice lunch, but it was definitely HOT!

We headed to downtown Houston mid afternoon where we checked into our hotel. The kids always love staying at a hotel. They are always so excited when we check in and walk into our room. After getting stuck in traffic, getting lost, and a few parking fiascos, I was thinking to myself, “What are we doing staying at a hotel when home is only 40 minutes from here?” But, I guess this is part of a “true” Houston vacation, right (along with the heat and humidity)?

DSC06125 by littlemaiba.

Avery and Sterling loved riding in the glass elevators and looking out. It was a very pretty hotel that has recently been remodeled. They apparently had some damage during Hurricane Ike. Sadly, Spindletop Restaurant that sits at the top of the hotel is still under construction.

125

After a brief rest, we headed to the Astros game. We arrived a little late after another parking fiasco. Sterling really enjoyed the game, and the Astros won 8-1! Also, a very nice man gave Sterling his Jeff Bagwell statue giveaway (to the 1st 10,000 fans). He was very excited. The roof at Minute Maid was closed, but it was still very hot. I can’t imagine the electric bill for Minute Maid! Poor Ian was sweating, and so was I! Thankfully, it was one of the shortest baseball games I’ve ever been to.

Sunday, I woke up with a migraine, but we had promised to the kids we would go to the Children’s Museum. So, I took some medicine and pushed myself to go. I’m not sure what caused it, but I’m guessing the heat. Unfortunately, I’m still dealing with it on Monday. The Children’s Museum was well worth it. We will have to go back when it’s not so crowded, and when we aren’t so tired. It really was a lot of fun! Avery and Sterling’s favorite part was Kidtropolis, a mini-city where they get to work, shop, and spend play money with an ATM card.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Glad you all got away for the weekend, but sorry you ended up with a migraine. It is SO hot out right now so I'm sure that did it! Also like your little photo albums...cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...