Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Fridays - Dining Room




It's that time again. I didn't get to participate last week because we no longer have a guest bedroom. Here is my dining room.






I painted and decorated this room myself. The back wall is done with black grosgrain ribbon and upholstery tacks. The window treatment is just black cloth napkins that I folded over, sewed a tassel on, and stamped the fleur-de-lis. Everyone always comments on the room because it's one of the first rooms you see when you walk in the front door. I've had the room like this for almost 5 years now and I'm still happy with it. I was originally going to go around the entire room, but thought it might be too busy if I did. Any thoughts on that? I still have lots of ribbon!



I would like new furniture (table & china hutch)--maybe someday. I have been shopping recently for a sideboard in black, but can't seem to find exactly what I want. The china hutch and guest chairs are from our old dining room set that we got when we were married 12 years ago. The little sideboard is an old antique of my Mom's. I really need something bigger to display all my decorative items. And, there are so many fleur-de-lis things now.

We do have this nice butler's pantry that goes between the kitchen and dining room. It is great for serving from during parties.





And, here's a picture of our china and crystal. Sadly, they don't get used that often.

17 comments:

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I love the black and white! Thanks for sharing!

tiarastantrums said...

oh I LOVE this - I have fleur de lis in my dining room too!

Melissa said...

I saw you on Kelly's Korner...what a gorgeous dining room! So creative....I love the black and white!!!

Emily Arrison said...

I love your black and white dining room! Nice wall.

TriciaNae said...

Love that wall!!

Heather said...

I love your dining room!! It is so pretty!! You have done a great job!

Tanya said...

Gorgeous! You have such an eye for decorating!

His Doorkeeper said...

Melissa, I love your very creative dining room! How unique! You did a great job! Love your chairs!

You have a darling family too!
Blessings!

Kelly's Mom

annalee said...

your chair covers are fabulous! as is the whole room.

Carri said...

The black and white is very cool! Love the fleur de lis!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love how your glass top looks!

Tara G. said...

You put the black and white together so creatively! I saw ribbon on a pottery barn wall once and contemplated it- you did a fantastic job!

Jessica said...

I love the wall!!!
Great dining room!

Griswold Fun said...

Your wall is awesome!! The black and white looks so great!

Helen Joy said...

I gasped when I saw this room! I absolutely LOVE it. I think going in the whole room with the black ribbon would be to much. I think one focal wall is very cool though. The butler's pantry is SUCH a good idea. Thank you for sharing your beautiful decorating abilities!

Pam Bowers said...

Wow, what a great designer you are. I would keep the ribbon to the one wall. You might get sick of looking at it otherwise.

Caroline said...

Very pretty and formal, I like it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...