Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fun in the Sun



We had a great Memorial Day weekend. Avery and Sterling spent Friday and Saturday night with Gaga and Pa. Saturday they headed to the Family Reunion and had so much fun "camping out".

Juan and I stayed in on Friday night, ordered take out Chinese, and watched "The Reader". Saturday I got to sleep a little later than usual. Thank you Ian! Juan went to work, but then later Ian and I met up with him and had dinner out. It's definitely different just having one "little one" to take care of, so I did enjoy the break from all the chaos. We were going to head to the family reunion on Saturday, but decided it would be just as easy to head out early on Sunday morning, instead of packing all the stuff. I'm not so sure about that now--we spent almost 7 hours on the road (going and coming) all in one day.

We did enjoy the reunion. We saw lots of family and enjoyed great food. I brought the camera, but never took it out of the car. I haven't quite figured out how to hold a baby and take pictures. Then, Avery and Sterling came back home with us on Sunday evening, even though they didn't want to leave. They were both soooo tired, they fell right to sleep before we even made it to the highway.

Monday morning, the kids and I headed to Walmart and purchased a "pool" and Slip 'n Slide. They had so much fun playing in the backyard most of the day. Even Ian and I got in the pool. I'm not sure he knew what it was all about. It was a great day to play in the water--it sure was HOT.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...