Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Crazy Day




Yesterday turned out to be a crazy day. Sterling, Ian, and I were preparing to run to the post office and Walmart. I came into the office to get the mail I had to take to the post office when all of a sudden I heard a strange noise. I thought "Oh No what has Sterling done?" But, it was actually a sound I had heard before. I asked Sterling what the noise was. He replied, "A bird." Just as I was leaving the office, I saw it. We had a bird in our house! And, the poor bird was going crazy not knowing what to do. I was doing the same. The bird kept trying to get out between the 2 windows in the dining room. He / She flew in between the shutters and was going nuts. I did not know what in the world I was going to do with a baby and a terrified bird in the house. I opened the front and back doors hoping it would fly out. No such luck. Thankfully, our good neighbor came and helped me get the bird out. I wanted to take a picture of this crazy sight; however, my camera battery was dead. I still wonder how in the world this bird got in our house especially since the doors were not open or anything like that. I hope whereever it was, another bird doesn't find it!

Finally after the bird incident, we headed to Walmart. We finished our shopping and headed to the car. Since it was a little warm, I decided to start the car to cool it off before unloading. My car would not start. So, here I was with a cart full of groceries, and Ian and Sterling. Thankfully, Juan was close by. We tried to jump the battery. It started, but something was still not right--no radio, AC, or gauges. It turned out to be a $4.39 fuse. Whew!!

By the way, the one picture above is from a local grocery store parking lot where thousands of birds love to gather. Avery and Sterling love to see "the birds." Sometimes it is unbelievable how many birds are gathered together in this one area.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...