Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Getting ready for Ian! - Part 1

My mom came over a few weeks ago and helped me cook up dinners to put in the freezer. This is the one thing that really stressed me out when I was first home with a newborn. I was hungry, tired, grouchy, trying to breastfeed, and just didn't feel like cooking. Now I have over 25 meals (including the leftovers). I'm so excited!

Here are pictures of the freezer in my garage.




Here's the list of dinners:
Chicken & Rice
King Ranch Chicken
Chicken & Stuffing
Chicken Alfredo
Lasagna (Stouffer's)
Chicken Parmasan w/ pasta & sauce
Pasta with Meat/Spaghetti sauce
Beef Enchiladas
Hamburger Casserole
Chicken Tetrazzini
Shrimp & Pasta Casserole
Chicken Casserole
Sausage, Red Beans & Rice

It took us 5 hours to make everything, cleanup and get the freezer all set. Oh, I bought pretty much everything for $200.00 (pans, food, etc.). It took 1 whole chicken, 2 bags of chicken tenders, 4 1/2 pounds of ground beef, sausage, shrimp, and precooked breaded chicken.

Now hopefully, my family won't be too picky!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...