Friday, February 19, 2010

Let the little children come to me. . .

baptism

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."  Matthew 19:14

Sterling and Ian were baptized on December 27, 2009.  Both boys did very well with getting the water splashed on their heads.  Ian even smiled, and he was not feeling good that day.

Whether you believe in baptizing children or allowing the child to grow up and make their own decision to be baptized, we chose to baptize our children.  We believe that the baptism symbolizes our commitment to raising our children in the Church.

The picture above is the only picture we were able to get at church.  Here are some other pictures from the day.

093 084 (2)

Here is Avery in her “big girl” outfit. She picked it out.  I really love the jacket.  I wish I could find a jacket like it in my size.

070 (2) 080 (2)

These are some of my favorite little shoes.  I usually don’t get too excited about boy clothes, but these shoes are adorable.

099

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Congratulations on the baptisms. Love the boys' matching outfits!

Grace and Jack were both baptized as infants at Crosspoint. Even though we are currently going to a Baptist church, I really believe in infant baptism. If G and J decide later to do the "Baptist" baptism, that is great too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...