Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Getting in the Swing of Things

It seems we are falling into a routine now that Avery has been back at school for over a week now.

I can't believe I have been cooking every night, and we haven't eaten out since our trip to Galveston, except for after church on Sunday. It must be a record for us! I started blogging about our dinners on my recipe blog. You can check it out here.

My house isn't as clean as I would like, and my laundry isn't caught up. I haven't had my friend that was helping me clean come in over 2 months. I miss the laundry not being caught up and a cleaner house, but I am trying to save the money for a new car. We still can't decide exactly what we want. I am just not "in love" with any particular car. And, Juan and I are debating over a minivan vs. SUV. One is more convenient with the kids (and that's what I'm looking for) and definitely cheaper, but Juan doesn't like minivans. Have you tried loading 3 kids all in car seats or boosters (in the Texas heat)?


Our mornings are running a little smoother thanks to closet organizers. The past 2 Sundays, we have picked out outfits for the week and put them in their daily slot. I've seen these in catalogs for $20 and up, but I just made our own from a $7 organizer from Walmart and a little paint pen. I tried to do this last year with Avery, but we didn't keep it up. I bought one from Target this year for Sterling.

Avery and Sterling had dentist appointments this past Wednesday. Everything was great--no cavities for both! Avery currently has 3 teeth that are loose (a bottom tooth and her 2 front teeth).

1 comment:

Tanya said...

That is so good about not going out to eat. I will see if I can get motivated to do a menu after this holiday weekend.

Definitely wait til you find the new car you LOVE. I do not love my new - used minivan, and I am already wishing for something else. I have to practice being content!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...