Monday, July 4, 2011

Roughing It - Camping


We took a camping trip this past weekend with my parents.  I'm not sure what we were thinking--it was SO HOT!

We stayed at a park that had "cabins" that you could rent for the night.  It's basically a screened in shelter with bunk beds.  There was electricity, a hose bib, and a community bathroom down the road.  We brought fans, and there is a ceiling fan with a light.


The beds were SO hard on your back.  We really needed air mattresses, but the kids didn't seem to mind--all but Ian that is.  He had a hard time going to sleep, and he woke up at 3:00 a.m. telling me, "Ready to go, I'm hot."


The cabin from the road


You can barely see the lake from the cabin.  The kids went swimming--the water was so warm (I did not like swimming in it.).  They also tried fishing with Pa, but no fish were caught.  I think the water was too hot for the fish.


 Getting ready to roast marshmellows


UH OH, Burn ban in Effect


So, we improvised!


The woods - I did not sleep very well at all.  Between the hard bed, and some creature walking outside our cabin (I could hear the leaves crunching), cats were fighting, and the neighbors next to my parent's cabin, there was not much sleep. 




1 comment:

Tanya said...

Wow, that must have been hot! Great pictures on the post below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...