Thursday, October 22, 2009

Visitor

Last Tuesday this little guy appeared at our back door.  He had no tags or collar, and seemed to have no desire to leave our backyard.



I could tell he was someone's dog.  He seemed well fed; although, he was a puppy and like to chew and jump.  I should have taken a picture of our backyard while he was there.  He made quite a mess!  He even dug up some fresh mulch that Juan had just put down.  And, everytime he would jump on Avery and Sterling, he would scare them to death.



We asked around the neighborhood, but no one seemed to know where he came from.  I even posted some signs around the neighborhood.  I continued to feed him and hoped that we would find his owner.  I just couldn't imagine us keeping him.  I would love to have a dog, but I just don't have the time to give a dog the attention they deserve.

So, Thursday afternoon we were driving home from school and Avery said, "MOM!  There's a lost dog sign--it said a blue heeler."  I thought she might have been imagining things, but I turned around, and sure enough it was a sign for a lost 3 month old male blue heeler.  This had to be the owners!  I pulled over immediately and called.  Sure enough it was the owners.  The little guy's name was Rascal and he was over a mile from home.  I still don't know why or how he ended up in our backyard.  I'm so happy we found his home and he just came to visit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...