Wednesday, August 5, 2009

On my mind . . .

Just a few miscellanous things. . .

Want a cure for a child "addicted" to their Nintendo DS? Take 1 child who doesn't listen to mom. Child takes DS into bathroom after mom said not to. Child drops DS into the toilet. Problem solved! (Avery did this, and with Sterling's DS. So, Sterling now is the proud owner of Avery's pink DS). I tried to save the DS by letting it dry out for several days in a bag with rice, but it was fried.

Cameron "the fish" - R.I.P.
7/25/09 to 8/7/09
Sadly Avery's fish died this morning. Avery was quite sad, but Pa took her back to the pet store and replaced her fish with not one, but two fish. So, our new fish are "Fred" and "Geee". Geee is Ian's fish. Geee is the noise or sound that Ian makes. Flippy (Sterling's fish) is still alive and well. He is actually quite active. He likes to chase the other fish--just like Sterling!

Sterling is FINALLY potty trained! He has been trained for the last month and a half, but I don't think I every posted it or perhaps I was too embarrassed to admit that my 3 1/2 year old was still in diapers. He's probably been ready for over a year now, but I just didn't have the energy to work with him while I was pregnant or with a new baby.

I'm not sure what the deal is, but Ian just is not that into baby food. He always gets this look on his face that looks like he is saying, "What is this stuff, and how did it get in my mouth?" Then he gags. He's tried apples, pears, bananas, rice cereal, carrots, and sweet potatoes. He loved the Melba Toast I gave him earlier today. I guess I wouldn't be that interested in baby food either.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...