Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Last Week

Juan's 37th Birthday was last Monday (10/20). He can't believe he is only 13 years from being 50. Time is flying! We didn't really do much for his birthday, just went out to eat out New Orleans Seafood Kitchen.

Wednesday I baked Halloween cookies on a stick - ghosts, cats, & pumpkins. I wasn't so happy with the icing. I am still in search of a good icing recipe that will harden on cookies (but not too hard).

Thursday I baked for the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon. I baked an Elegant Pumpkin Pecan Pie and Pumpkin cupcakes. The cupcakes were the best! The recipe was on the cover of the Family Circle magazine. I will definitely make those again. Here are some pictures.





Avery came home early from school on Thursday with a sore throat and fever. Thankfully it was not strep throat. Surprisingly, she has never had strep. Sterling ran a low grade fever and Friday, and I had a sore throat, too. I guess it's just a virus we all caught.

Avery went to a Halloween party at a local park. She had lots of fun. Here is a picture of her in her Barbie Mariposa costume. Sterling, the cowboy, stayed at home because of his fever.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...